Posted by Clyde on February 18th, 2013 | No Comments
Dear Elected Official,
I wonder if George Washington is rolling in his grave today. I cannot imagine George thinking that the leadership of our country would be about money, power, and re-election bids; with agendas that stop progress rather than move us forward. I cannot believe that George’s vocabulary excluded the words compromise, teamwork and solutions.
You asked the American People to put their faith in you when you asked for our vote. We did and you have failed us; Republican and Democrat.
- You have taught us to divide from one another rather than unite.
- You have shown us that not getting your way means not getting anything done at all. You haven’t even considered the possibility that we don’t agree with you – both Republican and Democrat
- You, and many you serve with, took your promises and ideals and sold out to pressure, money and who knows what else.
- You have heads shaking all around the globe as you act like children. As a man in South Africa once stated so matter of fact…..”The world does not hate Americans; we hate your leaders.” I think George Washington is looking down on you ashamed and shaking his head too.
Today is President’s Day – a day we honor people like Washington and Lincoln. We don’t have a Kennedy, Bush, Reagan, or Clinton Day. And probably for a reason.
- Don’t you think it’s time you looked to the history books and learned what great leaders of our Democracy were able to accomplish?
- Don’t you think it’s time that the elected leaders of this country start working together – and stop telling us how the other side is getting in the way?
- Don’t you think it is time put your ego aside and make this nation great again?
- Don’t you think it is time that you start showing up for work?
- Don’t you think it is time you took a page from the corporate world about not going home, vacation, or on recess when a job is not done?
Wouldn’t it be nice to go to sleep tonight knowing you did what was right and not what was right for your career? It is time for Democrats and Republicans to stop the games, put aside their egos and fix our great country.
Today would be a great day to begin the process of making George Washington proud. You owe it to us!
Clyde Sdale on behalf of the American People